JOIN THE BOARD
We believe that marginalized communities must be centered in the work we do;
therefore, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities.
Fort Worth Music Therapy Fund is seeking Board Members. FWMTF’s mission is to increase access to music therapy in Texas. The Board will support the work of FWMTF and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. We believe that marginalized communities must be centered in the work we do; therefore, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities.
Specific Board Member responsibilities:
- Know FWMTF’s mission, programs, and needs
- Faithfully read and understand FWMTF’s financial statements
- Serve as active advocates and ambassadors for the organization
- Leverage connections and resources to develop collective action to fully achieve our mission
- Consider FWMTF a philanthropic priority and make contributions within personal capacity
- Prepare for and conscientiously participate in (quarterly) board meetings
- Participate fully in committees and on special projects when needed
- Represent FWMTF to stakeholders, acting as an ambassador for the organization
- Ensure FWMTF’s commitment to a diverse board that reflects the community we serve
- Follow bylaws and policies set by FWMTF
- Sign a conflict-of-interest disclosure and disclose potential conflicts
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- A pre-existing passion for making therapy accessible and equitable
- A commitment to and understanding of FWMTF’s target beneficiaries, preferably based on experience
- A natural affinity for cultivating relationships and collaborating with other individuals and organizations
- Personal qualities of integrity and credibility
FWMTF’s Board Members will serve a two-year term to be eligible for re-appointment. Service on FWMTF’s Board of Directors is without remuneration, except for administrative support, travel, and accommodation costs in relation to Board Members’ duties.
The next term begins 1/1/2022
and ends 12/31/2023.
Please submit Letter of Interest
“Scarlett has made great progress since beginning music therapy in October! Her ability to focus and follow directions has immensely improved.”
– Carlee Efeney, MT-BC, Music Therapist of Grant Recipient
“With the scholarship, I have been able to look towards future goals and needs such as graduate school and my living expenses during that time. By this time next year, I hope to have started a graduate degree program with my (soon to be service) dog Monty by my side–and this was all made more possible with FWMTF’s help.”
– Ali Esparza, Music Therapy Intern Scholar