music therapy intern scholarship
About the Scholarship
Music Therapy Access Fund provides Music Therapy Intern Scholarships to music therapy students completing an internship as part of their course requirements for an accredited music therapy program.
Each Internship Scholarship:
- is $2,500
- is paid directly to the music therapy intern
- is distributed after recipients start their internship
Applications received September 1 through February 28 will be reviewed in March. Applications received March 1 through August 31 will be reviewed in September.
- This scholarship is open to music therapy students enrolled in Texas universities OR completing internships at sites in Texas.
- Applicants must have been accepted into an internship program with a board-certified music therapist.
- Any intern who is interning ON the due date of this application (either 2/28 or 8/31) is eligible for consideration.
Meet the MTAF Intern Scholars
Prior to being awarded this scholarship, I was juggling a myriad of things within my personal, academic, and pre-professional (internship) life … When I received the Intern Scholarship, it really had a major positive effect on my mental and emotional health and alleviated so many of my stressors!
“Scarlett has made great progress since beginning music therapy in October! Her ability to focus and follow directions has immensely improved.”
– Carlee Efeney, MT-BC, Music Therapist of Grant Recipient
“With the scholarship, I have been able to look towards future goals and needs such as graduate school and my living expenses during that time. By this time next year, I hope to have started a graduate degree program with my (soon to be service) dog Monty by my side–and this was all made more possible with MTAF’s help.”
– Ali Esparza, Music Therapy Intern Scholar